Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Would You Go Back?

I have heard a million times this phrase...."I would do anything to go back to high school." This is another common phrase..."If I knew then what I knew now I would love to go back to (high school or college or even childhood)."
I can only speak for me but I can honestly say I do not want to go back a relive any part of my life. Don't get me wrong. I had a wonderful childhood with a loving family and extended family. I loved high school and especially college. I have loved every phase of my life. Bachelorhood...getting married...married no kids = TRAVELING...and having kids. The reason I don't want to go back especially if it is the scenario where "If I knew then..." is I would miss terribly all of my connections now. I love my work family and I would miss my wife and especially my kids terribly. Then there is the whole going to school thing. Like I said I loved high school and college and even grad school but who wants to go back to doing HOMEWORK?!?! Some of you might say, "Well I have to take work home now." Maybe so but you are getting paid now. In high school and college it's just O WELL. Stinks to be you.

Am I alone in this thought? Please leave a comment and let me know because I get the feeling I am a loner on this topic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a few things I'd change mainly because looking back, I don't think they would change me if I changed them. Could be wrong. It doesn't have anything to do with school, but choices made with dating in high school and college.

Tracey

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go back. All my experiences, including mistakes, have led me to where and who I am today. If I went back not knowing what I know now, I wouldn't appreciate things any better, and if I went back knowing, I'd be paranoid all the time about doing something different that might lead me to a different place! Better to make an effort to really enjoy where I am each day, knowing that I'll never be back in this particular spot again. (That outlook also helps on bad days!)

M'Kirsen

Anonymous said...

Kirsten, You and I have the exact same opinion. I understand Tracey's point of view but like you...if I did not go through crazy LEE ANNE....Shutter to think about that relationship.....I never would have found Tracey. All of my experiences have led me to who I am...the good...and the bad.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Wow. If Lee Anne was crazy, what would that have made Dorothy?

I wouldn't change anything, save maybe for having one or two less drinks on a couple occasions. Hugging that porcelain god wasn't any fun. Otherwise though I would leave it all the same.

Anonymous said...

The difference is I never dated Dorothy. If you recall I NEVER went anywhere alone with that girl. YOU on the other hand rode in a car with her and YALL RAN FROM THE POLICE.
HUFF