Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good News From the Doctor

Well I went to the doctor on Friday. Since I have been out of the hospital January 30th I have been going to the clinic 2 times a week. Monday's and Thursday's have been my regular schedule. Typically what happens is they take all of your vitals and run your blood to see if you need anything. I have been very fortunate in that since my release from the hospital I have received NO BLOOD PRODUCTS. That means no blood, platelets, potassium or anything. One day I got fluids because I was dehydrated but that is it.

Well I finally hit the point where they are REDUCING my doctor's visits to once a week. My counts are recovering nicely but they are still out of whack in some areas. This is due to the Graf vs. Host that I have been fighting off the past couple of weeks. The physicians assistant said that while some numbers are out there she is not worried at all. I guess if she is not worried I am not worried.

Energy level is good! I over did the walking yesterday so I woke up about 3:30 and my knees are hurting but other than that I am great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they're cutting your visits back then that is big time progress. Congratulations!!!! The rest will all come in due time.