Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pay Day

Well I finally got my check from large insurance company. I called them Monday and I was not very nice to the lady on the phone. No cursing or anything I just voiced my frustration in dealing with them. I just pointed out to her all of the little things that they have done to postpone payment as long as possible. I just played it all out. It was uncharacteristic of me because I am usually the very diplomatic one and I think things through very carefully before I speak. That was NOT the case when I was talking to this lady today. At times I was probably an ASS to her but I have had two months of frustration dealing with this company. The company headquarters is in New York and I am in Texas. I was told my check was mailed LAST Monday. After grilling this lady in the morning I went out to my mailbox this afternoon right after the mailman came and THERE WAS MY CHECK!!! I found myself with mixed emotions. I was happy to finally get my check but I felt guilty for grilling her. Like I said earlier this is very not me to do that to someone. Then I thought about why in the world it took my check 6 business days to get to me from New York. I have a sister-in-law that currently lives in New York and she has lived in LA. When she sends us mail it MIGHT take two days to get to us. O well I finally got paid and I will know in the future not to expect anything until the very end of the month.

No comments: