Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Today was the OFFICIAL yard spring cleaning day for the JDHTEACH house hold. My son and I went to the men's toy store AKA HOME DEPOT and bought a few needed items. Jack LOVES Home Depot so I had no problem having him travel with me. Upon our return my wife and I began working on the yard. Well she did most of it because I am not aloud to do yard work for another year I think according to my doctor.

My role was purely advisory. I bought a new weed eater and Tracey was wanting some tips on how to use it. Being the VERY SEASONED weed eater myself I helped her with how to best use the weed eater. She also mulched about 8 bags of leaves and then mowed the whole front and back yard. We tried to edge with the weed eater but that was too hard on the little electric weed eater I bought. I pick up my curb edger and the blower tomorrow for getting Spring cleaned so tomorrow night we will put a good edging on the yard and everything will look great.

I walked out a couple of times and sat in one of the lawn chairs and soaked up some sun and watched Tracey. I did have a mask on but I could smell the yard work in the air. Man I miss being able to do my yard sometimes. Of course when it gets hot I probably will not miss it. I will say this though. I love it after I have mowed, edged, and weed eated the yard to go barefooted in the Saint Augustine grass and sit in the yard chair with a cold drink and admire the work. I can't do that for now but next year I am on it. Tracey likes to do the yard work as well and she is a very hard worker. I used to go and go in the yard and I could not tire her out.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I finally went all gas. NO MORE ELECTRIC. I nicked my cord last week and finally bought a gas edger. My mom got me a gas blower for Christmas. Sad thing is I have 4 peices of equipment that need gas. The mower uses regular gas. The weedeater needs a 32:1 gas/oil mix. THe blower a 40:1 and the edger a 50:1. Go figure. Saving a lot of time though.