Friday, April 25, 2008

Daddy Is Coming Home

So I have not been able to be at work regularly since October. Well today for the first time I was at my campus for most of the day 8:00 to about 2:15. I showed up early because we had a pep rally for the kids testing next week and we had 3 interviews lined up for teaching positions and I agreed to sit in on those. The three interviews were spread out so I had a lot of time on my hands.

The problem I had today is that everywhere I went I felt like I was in the way. People were moving and shaking and getting things done. That's what I like about my job is that there is always something happening. It's just that today they were doing it like I was not even there. No one even asked me what I thought. They just did it.

Which is good I suppose. Everyone made the decision I would have made and I realize how much goes on that I don't even know about ....they just do it. I tried hanging out in the front office, the lounge, and the secretary office. The secretary and I shot the breeze for about an hour but she has a ton of stuff to do so I excused myself. For the most part I just went to my office, cleared out my email, and cruised the Internet in between interviews. Finally towards the end of the day my assistant principal asked me for some advice on how to handle a sticky situation with a parent. After I gave her my options she was getting up to leave and I was gathering my things she paused at my door and she said, "It is really going to be great to have you back. Take care."

As I walked out to the parking lot I looked back at my building I found myself thinking. "Daddy is almost home girl." As I got into the car a smile came across my face. Daddy is almost home.

No comments: