Friday, April 11, 2008

The Horses Are Ready To Make You Look Stupid....Are You Ready To Look Stupid!

It's official. I am sticking with Texas Hold em'. First, the good stuff. Last night had beautiful weather and the company and food were excellent. As for betting on the horses. Let's put it this way. The only time I won I lost money. Now you are thinking...."How is this possible? Well let me tell you. I went in on a bet that was 10 cents with my dad and his buddy. When we boxed in all the horses we wanted the bet cost each of us 13 dollars. With 3 of us the total bet was 39 dollars. All we needed was one long shot to come in (which had happened in the previous races) and we would win some money. Well when the race was over we won 2 dollars and 97 cents. No not over our 39 dollar bet but $2.97 TOTAL PEOPLE! The rest of the night one horse would screw up my exacta boxes and trifecta's. So I went with smaller bets and would pick one horse. This is when I figured out that I am the true curse to a horse winning a race. I bet on the top jockey (who had won every race he ran previously in the evening which is 5 races) who was working for the top trainer who had won every race he ran this evening. Can't lose right? I bet 5 dollars on him to win. He came in 2nd beaten by a 25-1 shot. I just laughed. The one time I would have won and won about 45 dollars I could not get my bet in because the table next to ours held up the ticket lady for 11 minutes. I know this because I noticed when she got to their table there was 11 minutes to post. I thought I had plenty of time because usually people take MAYBE 3 minutes to place their bets. The next thing I know she is leaving the table and I am getting my money ready to bet and I hear AND THEIR OFF!!! I am thinking DAMMIT!

Bottom line I lost about 34 dollars in betting but had a great time visiting and ate some great food. In betting terms I will call it a push but I certainly know NOTHING about horses....give me Ace, King suited and I KNOW what to do.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

That might be a once a year thing. Is the racetrack a clean and respectable place?