Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Luck at Drive Thru's Strikes Again

The other night we were catching dinner late. So we decided to go to a local "royal" hamburger joint and we went through the drive through. My wife was diving so I though we were safe. WRONG.

Here was our order.
  • Two Hamburgers with mustard instead of mayo.
  • On one of the hamburgers please put cheese on the hamburger.

Their response?

You want fries and a drink to make it a combo

  • No

Their Response

You want one burger with mayo and cheese and what else?

  • My wife repeated. NO and then repeated our order.

Their Response

Do you want cheese on both hamburgers.

At this point I start to laugh and I am beginning to think that this person must be clinically retarded.

  • NNNNOOOOOO my wife says and says the order again.

Their response- And no fries?

  • Forget it thank you. and we drive on.

But I cannot resist. I have to go in.

I go in and sure enough there is a guy sitting there and he knows I am looking for him and he has this look on his face like please don't hurt me. So I tone it down a bit and I just ask a simple question.

What the hell is wrong with your drive through? Was my exact words.

All of the people just kept apologizing. Thanks for the apologies but again. What is wrong? Can u not hear us or what? We gave you our order 4 times. All I got was sorry.

Good gosh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did increase my digestion with all the laughter however. Plus, daddy missed it while inside, but my daughter and I got to see a wonderful rainbow while we waited. It was nice.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Could have been someone who didn't speak english. They are trained to just take #'s now. CAN'T special order like Burger King used to say, "Have it your way." It should be, "Have it OUR way or else risk getting a bad order.