Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just Watched No Country for Old Men

Okay I have been WAITING for this movie from Netflix to show up. I finally had a chance to watch it today. I have heard many things about this movie and I was ready.

I must say the movie did not disappoint. All through the movie I was trying to figure out how this was going to end....besides violently. It has been a while since I have seen a movie like this. There is really only one thing that my wife and I are on polar opposites on and it happens to be movies. Usually blockbusters we will go see but due to the content Tracey was out on this one. Tracey, you are glad you sat this one out.

Like I said I REALLY enjoyed the movie. You could see the following during the movie.
  • Browlen's Character- was just a hunter who stumbled into some BAD PEOPLE. Give him credit though he was tough.
  • Tommy Lee Jone's Character- You could see was tiring of his job as he chased the killer. He was tired of the aftermath scenes and the constant chase. As evidence of his constant refusal from the DEA to revisit a crime scene. I loved his line..."Is there a new dead body out there? No? Then I guess I am good where I am...take another sip of coffee.
  • Name escapes me- The Killer- This guy is as cold, efficient, brilliant and as tough as they come. I have heard people say that there has not been a character like this since Hannibal Lector in Silence of the lambs. I think that is a spot on assessment.

The ending I felt I needed to know more about happens. I won't spoil it but it is left open ended. I understand the ending in the book is different. I might have to get the book to find out the difference.

That was an intense 2 hours and 22 minutes.

No comments: