Saturday, April 5, 2008

Party Was A Success

The first grade mother's at Jacks school have been getting together once a month for about 3 months now. Tracey offered up our house to host this month and last night was the night. The group of mothers started out to be about 15 people. It has gone down to 4 regulars.

My role in this is that I made sure the house was clean and ready to shine along with making sure their were "food units" in place and ready to go. Thanks to On The Border we had an awesome party platter with just the right amount of food. When the party was going on I kept the kids in the back of the house so the ladies could talk and relax.

I am SO GLAD Tracey has found this group. She really looks forward to it and by us hosting I was able to return one of the gazillion times she has done this for my poker group.

I asked Tracey if the kids and I needed to disappear and she said absolutely not. The kids did great. I told them mommy was having a party and that we needed to play in the back of the house. They were totally fine with it.

The get together lasted from 7 to 10 and the best part of it all the ladies help clean up!!!! I kicked them out of the kitchen but it was nice that they offered. There was not near as much trash left as one of my poker parties.

No comments: