Sunday, March 16, 2008

To Join or Not to Join

I am considering joining a Sunday school class. There is a class for couples our age with kids our age. The "hang up" I have is when it comes to religion I am a private person. My experience in past has been you go to one class and the people try to become your best friend at that first class. Start inviting us to suppers at their house.....WOW!!!! I move a little slower in that front. "WE JUST HAVE TO GET OUR KIDS TOGETHER AND PLAY" Um no we don't....I don't know you and your kid could be a devil child who is not disciplined. Let me get to know ya then we will talk.

We did a bible study about 4 years ago. It was a small group of about 10 people and I did enjoy that.

My other hang up is the time. They meet when we normally are in church...9:45. This means that if we join we have to go to either the 8:45 service....which means getting up at 7:00...which means no sleeping in or go to the later service at 10:45...which means not getting out until 12:00 and you have to fight the rush at Jason's Deli.

What to do....what to do. I do enjoy going to church. I LOVE our preacher. HE IS GREAT. I love his style of delivery. I get in....get the message and in an hour I feel connected with God and I am ready for the salad bar at Jason's Deli.

WHAT TO DO????

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Since I teach a bible class I just know that it is the place relationships really happen. It is also the place that discussion happens too. The sermon is kind of like a teacher who only lectures. The bible class is more of the hands on small group discussion. Where you talk about experiences and application.

You may not feel the real need to connect to others for relationships though.