Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Son the BASKETBALL STUDD

Went to my sons LAST basketball game of the season today. My son plays in an Upward league at our church. He is on a team of 7 year olds. Now let me set this up for you. The kids know who to guard by the fact that they are wearing matching colored wrist bands. My son is the baby Shaq of our team. He is at least a head taller than any kid in the 4 team league and weighing in at 91 pounds I don't think anyone comes close to his size. Typically Jack, my son, enjoys just playing the game. He loves to play defense and dribble the ball. He usually gets an average of 3 baskets.

Today he was a STUD. It was like he was on another level. He had at least 4 steals, 9 assist, 5 rebounds and 14 points. He was stoked and so were his mommy and daddy. I could not help but coach from the side lines. His current coach doesn't do crap but that is another blog. Anyway, when he did what I told him to do it usually worked out for him.....maybe their is a connect with my coaching and his success???? Nah, he just played well.

My son is a pretty good athlete. He has it in his genes. His grandfather was an All State athlete and had offers to Notre Dame, Texas, Arkansas, and TCU. His Aunt was a great high school athlete and his mommy and daddy were both athletes while in school.

I wish we had a few more basketball games to go so we could build on this.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

They don't keep stats or score in Upward. Shame on you! Feel free to rebuke me later when I do the same.