Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Parents Are So Cute

I love to hang around my parents. I always have. When I was growing up our house was the place to hang. My parents made all of the kids welcome. My friends loved hanging around my parents as well. There were many nights that my buddies and I would stay up late eating taco's and playing cards with my parents. As the years passed I watched my parents and how they interacted with one another. Sure they had arguments but not around me or my sister. Sure we got spankings and whoopin's but it was not child abuse by any means. If me and my sister got it....we deserved it. Many of those tactics my wife and I practice. Sure we have disagreements but not in front of the kids and if the kids hear us we stop and continue later.

Since I have been home recuperating from my transplant I have had many opportunities to talk with my both my dad and my mom individually. They both have their you won't believe what your father/mother did moments. Heck they started dating in the 7th grade and are now 65 years old. They married at 18.

So why are my parents so cute? Because after all this time when they are together they are still in that "dating" mode. My dad opens the door for my mom. They hold hands. When walking if there is a bump in the side walk my dad makes sure my mom is okay by holding her arm to secure her. He buys her flowers still. He gives her money to go buy things she wants. My mom adores my dad and he adores her. I just think it is awesome that after all of these years they still feel they same way they did in 1956.

My wife and I have been married 11 years and I have told her I will be chasing after her with a walker. We have a long way to go to catch up to my parents in years but thanks mom and dad for modeling yet again how it should be done!

No comments: