Thursday, March 6, 2008

How Much Is a President Worth

Each morning my parents take care of my kids in that they feed them and get ready for school. With both my wife and I in the education field this is a nice luxury. If it were not for my parents my kids would be at school at 7:00 in the morning. Not ideal for a 7 and 4 year old.

One morning in making conversation as they were getting ready my mother asked my son..." What else are you studying in school? Grammy knows about spelling and math but what else are you studying?' My son told her he was studying "THE PRESIDENTS". Oh, she thought.....what president are you studying now? My son thought about it and he said......The one worth five cents! Translation....Thomas Jefferson.

Which brings up an interesting point? Do you know what Presidents are on US Currency?
Quick list them off.

Penny
Nickel
Dime
Quarter
Half Dollar
Dollar
2Dollar Bill\
5 Dollar

Keep Going.....be honest and tell me how many you knew before you had to look it up...or look in your piggy bank.
JDH

No comments: