Thursday, March 6, 2008

FAMILY CONCERT

I wanted to tell everyone about a special moment that I almost missed. I am married to a wonderful woman and we have two beautiful children aged 4 and 7. Last night we had pretty much settled in for the evening. My wife was watching TV...I was on the computer and the kids were doing their own thing in their rooms. My four year old comes in and asks my wife and I if she could get out her KAREOKE (sp?) machine out and play. Now here is the thing. It does not matter to my daughter what song is playing on the machine. She sings WHATEVER is in her head. And so that she can be heard over the music she likes to sing loud!! My initial thought was DANG....there goes the quiet. But my wife set it up for her in her room so that she could play. Well after a couple of songs I walked in there and sat down on the floor and started to sing the song FAME because that was what was on her CD. Remarkably I did pretty good and remembering the words. I could not believe how much of the song I actually remembered. After the song was over my daughter said...LETS DO ANOTHER ONE!!! The only problem was I knew no other songs on this CD. So on a hunch I asked my wife to bring us a regualar CD. She brought me ELVIS. PERFECT ....I thought. First, I love ELVIS ....THANKS MOM...and I know most of his songs by heart. We popped in Elvis and away we went. Well soon my son and my wife joined us. In two minutes I was singing away (pretty well I must say) and the wife and kids were dancing. WE HAD A BALL!!! My son caught on to ELVIS finishing phrases and he would grab the microphone when I handed to him and he would add...."yeah baby" or "yeah momma" and of course "uh huh and oh yah" .. The next thing I knew we had been singing for about an hour and the kids were exhausted from dancing. Made going to bed a little easier. It was a special time to remember and to think....at first my thoughts were....there went the quiet.
JDH.

No comments: