Thursday, March 20, 2008

a Great Evening

Last night my wife and I had a wonderful evening. We were kid free and we were going out to dinner. I wanted to try someplace new and maybe a place were we could sit outside and people watch or a nice cozy place somewhere in downtown Dallas.

My wife read off three places and we chose the HIBISCUS. Sorry if I did not spell that correctly. Well I invited my sister-in-law K to join us. We were kid free and she was free of her house guest so I thought it would be great for her to join us. We made the decision to meet for drinks at 7:45 with reservations at 8:15.

My wife and I were so excited. You see with two kids the LATEST we usually eat is 6:00 and if you are eating out there is only a certain amount of time you have with a 7 year old and a 4 year old.

We met at the bar and had drinks and about 8:20 the hostess came to get us for our seats. The restaurant is very nicely decorated with dark woods and candles and funky lights. Well lit yet romantically dark.

We started off with a glass of wine and an appetizer. This restaurant I noticed paced the meal. They want you to relax and enjoy your meal. They are not rushing you out the door to get more people in their. They serve steaks and sea food with side dishes served seperate. Now the seafood seemed to come with side items but what I learned last night was you could order one entree and one side item and share both easily.

Everything we had was OUTSTANDING. The service was GREAT...our waiter really spent a lot of time at our table. I think its because my wife and sister in law are gorgeous.....he definately was not there for me. He had a lot of personality but it was not fake and he left us alone only checking on us at the appropriate times.

Before I knew it it was 10:15pm. For the first time in I have no clue we spent over 2 hours at a dining establishment and the time FLEW. The wonderful food, great service, and great conversation made for a truely wonderful evening. Definately will be going back.

1 comment:

Tony Rosenberg said...

And, it made you late to the XBOX ... slacker