Friday, March 7, 2008

Frustrated with Insurance Companies

I have been not been able to work for quite some time due to the fact that I have been receiving treatment for leukemia. I was finally put on long term disability through my employer back in February. I won't name the company but I am getting pretty darn frustrated in working with them to get them the information they need. I started by getting a list of what they told me was EVERYTHING they needed on February 15th. They told me this was everything they needed. As of MARCH 7th they STILL claim they need more information from my doctor. This has gotten rediculous. They have no problems collecting the premiums each month but when it comes to dishing out money you should see the list of everything they need to PROVE that I cannot work and that they need to pay up. Mean while BILLS keep coming in.

Family has helped support us and thank goodness we have savings that can float us a few months until this long term stuff kicks in. It's just frustrating.

Thank goodness the income tax return is on the way.
JDH

2 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I'm waiting for my tax return to cover the check that I wrote for our car down payment. WHERE IS IT? Filed electronically over 2 weeks ago.

JDHTEACH said...

Be patient. we got ours last night!