Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Great Weekend

Wow what a weekend. We really had a nice time as a family unit this weekend. It started with Friday. I decided to keep my 4 year old daughter Caroline home from daycare and let her hang around me. I had a bit of a self imposed honey do list so we stayed busy all day. She is quite the helper too. We went to lunch together at Luby's (one of her favorites). This was funny. She knows her way around that place like the back of her hand. In the afternoon we came home and colored and painted. Then at 2:00 she rewarded me with a two hour nap. She woke up right as brother was coming home and they went out to play. We then took them to our church for play time and we went to dinner with another couple.

Saturday is just a blur. Between Caroline's first soccer game (another post) and Jack's Golf we were driving all over the place. We finally got home for good about 9:00. The kids crashed and so did we.

Sunday we just slept in...(sorry Lord) and I am glad we did. Normally the kids get up around 7 or a little later on the weekends. Today they got up at 8:00 and 8:30. We had breakfast and then just chilled for about two hours. I then went to the grocery store and my wife went after the lawn. I got to bond some more with my daughter at the store. She was wearing this sparkly dress and the workers up there just ate it up. The lady at bakery yelled over to me.....YOU ARE CUTE. I told her thanks before I realized she was talking to my daughter. She then gave my daughter a cookie. But not me. BUMMER.

We spent the afternoon taking naps and relaxing. The kids went outside to play for about an hour with the neighborhood kids (another post) and came in at dinner time. Caroline ate and went to bed at 7:00 and Jack is laying next to me playing a game and enjoying being by daddy.

This IS a great weekend.

No comments: