Friday, July 11, 2008

Squirrel Population Explosion

My neighborhood seems to be overrun by squirrels. I live in an established neighborhood not too far from a golf course. My street runs perpendicular to the homes that back up to the golf course. Point being I am about 50 yards from squirrel utopia. I have lived here for 3 years and I can never remember this many squirrels being around. I went outside yesterday and there were 4 squirrels in my yard messing around and SEVEN MORE in my neighbors yard. It does not really bother me that much but I know squirrels can be destructive. They will mess with the shingles on your roof and can do other little things that are annoying. If that starts happening I may have to get a pellet gun to ward them off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to watch your nuts, they will try & take them you know.

cb

The MAN Fan Club said...

Took us about a week to realize WHAT was ripping the stuffing out of our patio chairs. SQUIRREL. Hopefully the don't take up residence in your attic.

Rat trap? Pellet gun would be fun though. Who needs to drive 100 miles to go hunting?

JDHTEACH said...

A couple of times in the winter we had SOMETHING that entered through our doggy door. It got beat up pretty bad when it ran into Maggie. She just played with it. We never found a body but twice we came home to blood EVERYWHERE.