Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back From San Antonio

Just got back from San Antonio tonight. I had to come back a day early because I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. It is nice having the house to myself for a bit but at the same time I already miss my kids and Tracey. We stayed at a resort that is way out of our price range but we don't pay the bill on this one so it's nice. Here are some of my observations from the trip.
1. Loved getting to spend extended time with the kids and Tracey. Jack, Caroline and myself spent most of our time in the "lazy river". Given their choice the kids would probably want to do this all day every day.
2. My wife's two sisters were with us and they did an AWESOME job with the kids. I know it is a bit of a shock to their system to be with the kids 24/7 but they are great aunts and my kids ADORE all of their aunts and love to spend time with them.
3. San Antonio is unbelievably hot this time of year. Temperature at the Alamo yesterday was 108. Yes that is right....108.
4. As Jack and I were going through the Alamo he was kind of board until he saw THE GUNS!!!! Then the tour took a whole other pace. He wanted to read EVERYTHING!!!
5. I had not been to the Alamo in years and I found it very interesting to read up on it.
6. The model they have of the battle is pretty incredible. It must have taken years to build.
7. Spent 80 bucks on Alamo stuff for the kids....tourist trap!!!
8 Did I mention it was a hundred and eight degrees in San Antonio yesterday?
9. The tar was melting in the street yesterday in San Antonio..because it was 108 DEGREES IN SAN ANTONIO YESTERDAY.
10. Last night we watched Finding Nemo out on the Resort Lawn. This was pretty neat. The resort sets up this huge screen and they play a movie. They bring out the free popcorn and away we go. That was really neat.
11. I thought it was interesting....kind of a Cady Shack moment. Do you remember in the movie where they open the pool up to the caddies for 15 minutes and all of the club members vacate???? Well yesterday a large group of African American teens (about 15) showed up at the lazy river. You could see SOME white rich people getting their kids out of the river and leaving the area. I just laughed. I was right there in the river with them. They did get a little roudy at one point but nothing bad and they are teenagers. I thought they acted a heck of a lot better some of the rich little white kids and their since of entitlement sometimes in the river. They were in the river for about 30 minutes then they left. Then you could see the others return. How shallow some people are is remarkable.

Overall, great trip. Family returns by plane tomorrow. Thank you Aunt K and S for being their for the kids. They love to spend time with you.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

You'll have to draw up an agenda for us. Thinking about going next June. I'll have FREE Six Flag tickets most likely. Sea World?