Friday, July 18, 2008

PHONE CALL FROM HOME

I am at the Pro Football Hall of Fame gazing at the historical items they have on display when my phone rings. My first thought was why in the world would my phone be ringing. Well it was my wife and she was half talking and half crying in the phone. All I got was the words "busted" and "water is under the floor". I instantly knew what had happened. The hot water heater was in the process of going out. And I am about 800 miles away.

I was able to talk Tracey through shutting the thing off and getting it drained. This was not the first time this had happened to us so it came back quickly to Tracey what I was telling her to do. The good news is we caught it early and the damage was minimal. We still had to pull up the wood floors in our movie room. We are going to have to replace the wood floors. The bad news is that we have a 1% deductible (which is pretty standard) So before insurance kicks in we are out over 2,000 dollars. Debt.....The American Way :(

It could have been much worse I suppose.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Why don't we start our own insurance company?