Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Evolution Of The Night Time Sleeping Arrangements

When I got my first place as a bachelor I insisted on getting a California King bed. I inherited a one year old mattress which saved me a ton of money. When my wife came into the picture it was great. We like to snuggle but when it comes time to sleep she gets in her zip code and I get in mine and off to sleep we go. I would sometimes just sit there and watch her sleep. It was so nice. I could not believe how lucky I was.

Then a few years into the marriage she introduced an extra pillow into the relationship. Nothing major. Just a little one that she put in between her knees to make her more comfortable.

Year 4 of Marriage- Baby Jack was on the way. As the pregnancy progressed to help support her back another pillow was added. Okay, two pillows now...plus the one she sleeps on that makes three. Cuts down on space in bed a little but who cares as long as she is comfortable and can get some sleep.

Wait...what is this...ANOTHER pillow. This one is on her face. How does she breath?!? I am told that the wind from the fan bothers her but that she likes the cool air just not blowing on her face. Ummm Okay Four pillows to my one.

Now we have another pillow added for her to grab onto to. If you lost count here it is.

2 pillows for her head.
1 pillow for her knees\
1 pillow for her back
1 pillow for her to grab onto.

That is five pillows. I am sleeping with a pillow fort. I know my wife is in there...somewhere. I see the covers moving up and down so I know she is alive and if I look real closely sometimes I can see part of her face between the two pillows.

Again I can look at her asleep and cannot believe how lucky I am....the more things change the more they stay the same.

No comments: