Thursday, July 17, 2008

American Airlines Eagle

In trying to get a non-stop flight to Cleveland my mother found that American Eagle was about the only people who would make this flight. I don't know what the cost was per person but my dad said it was not THAT great of a deal. My thing is this. It says on the side of the plane REGIONAL AIR LINES. Now think about this. If you are flying out of Dallas' DFW airport what comes to mind when I say REGIONAL? Look at this list below and see if one city does not seem regional to Dallas.
Austin
San Antonio
Houston
McAllen
Perhaps Tulsa or Oklahoma City
Shreveport
Cleveland Ohio

If you guessed CLEVELAND then you get a lolly pop. Regional to me in time means I will be on this plane no longer than an hour and a half.

The flight to Cleveland is 2 hours and 30 minutes to 2 hours and 50 minutes depending on the wind. This plane is so small I cannot stand up straight in it. To be fair I am 6ft. 4 in. tall so I am pushing it in all but the biggest planes. But I don't have to duck in Southwest planes! Next are the seats. These things are noticeably smaller and they are JAMMED together two by two. One of the flight attendants had to walk down the isle at an angle so she could fit. I already told you about the lady who wanted to recline her seat on the way up there. On the way back a guy was sitting in front of me. He did not recline back but this boy was big. I would say he was pushing around 400 pounds. I noticed his body went over into the other seat. Thank goodness the girl sitting next to him was smaller. She did however have to spend her flight time leaning over to the right. While I was waiting for my luggage I was standing next to this guy who was about 5 foot 5 inches. His wife said, "How was the flight?" His comment? It was fine but we were crammed in there like rats! I just giggled. I thought YOU WERE CRAMPED!?!?!?

American Eagle needs to look at what they do on this one. It was simply too cramped to be on a flight that long.

No comments: