Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just RETIRE for crying out loud.

It has only been a couple of weeks but this story is already old. Will Favre stay retired or will he play again? My first thought is that he should stay retired. Green Bay has already made arrangements for life after Favre. They drafted quarterbacks in the draft and spent the whole off season getting their offense ready to suit their new quarterbacCheck Spellingk. Now Favre wants to come back. I just wish he would come out and say it. It is real easy. You hold a press conference and you say...After a few months away from the game I have come to the conclusion that I can still physically play the game and mentally I want to play the game for at least one more year.... In addition I understand the Packers have moved on in a different direction so I am asking to be released and taken off of the reserved retired list. Teams that need a quarterback....call me. The problem was that on March 6th when he made his announcement he was mentally exhausted. Now that he has had time to rest he wants to play. Of course he could end this all by saying ...nope...I am done but he keeps the fire going by saying it's just a rumor. I don't want to see Favre in a Viking Uniform or a Bears uniform...Please Bret...stay retired.

I remember when Marino retired. The Vikings offered him a one year contract. He turned it down. When Aikman retired there was talk that the Kansas City Chiefs were trying to talk him into playing for them. Aikman said, nope..I am retired. Please Bret stay away.

2 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Should have taken most of the spring to think about it. I know he was TRYING to do what is best for them and retire early, but I'm sure he has the itch again. Can't see him ending up somewhere else A LA Joe Montana and Emmit Smith.

JDHTEACH said...

Someone will pay him money. Watch Atlanta. They might want him to come in and they groom their qb. of course at 50 million or whatever they are paying him they might want to have him play NOW. My thing is this...why would he play for someone who sucks. I guess that is why you here Minnisota mentioned. They are decent and with a good qb who knows where they will go.