Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Plane Ride To Ohio

Well I made it to Ohio. I have an observation in PLANE travel. This observation or experience I shall say is a big reason why I opt to drive to most places. It has nothing to do with the airport security. I think this is a needed step in today's society. It has nothing to do with the long waits or the recirculated air on the plane or the plane itself.

It has to do with the mentality of the other passengers. Mainly the type of people who were sitting in front of my father and I on the plane. This plane was a small plane. It sat a total of 78 people. Needless to say....WE WERE CLOSE! Both my father and I are well over 6 feet tall and over 250lbs. Needless to say....WE WERE CLOSE!. The people in front of us decided to recline their chairs into our laps making things even worse.

Look I realize we are cramped here but have some common sense that when you recline your chair you are making the space for the person behind you even smaller. The lady in front of me thought her chair should go back further and bounced on it thinking it was broke. That bulge in her back was my KNEES!

We made the most out of it and dad and I joked about it a lot. We got there safely and we got to visit so that was good.

My dad did make the comment about if we drove the same amount of time that it took to travel by plane....HOW FAR WOULD WE BE? Tulsa was the answer.....oh well.

I will have an observation about the state of Ohio later. It's off to the hall of fame today.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

You didn't tell us why you went to Ohio. My few visits there have been less than stellar. Stayed one night in Youngstown(yuk) and stayed in Cincy for about an hour during visitation at a friend's wake.

Did have White Castles both times :)