Saturday, July 26, 2008

100 Is the Magic Number

Here in North Texas this time of year it is hot. REAL HOT!! It is kind of depressing when on Saturday morning I am watching the news report and hear that for MOST of this week we can expect temperatures WELL over 100 degrees. When it is THAT hot you can't do anything outside. The kids can't play outside.

Why is 100 degrees the magic number? Because yesterday I was out running around and I thought....man it feels GREAT outside. It was very noticable that it was MUCH cooler outside. This was about 7:30 in morning. When I got to work I checked the temperature. It was 93. Amazing! I rode home from work on my scooter at about 4:00 yesterday. Again I thought it felt great outside. I got home....98 degrees. There is something about the 100 degree mark. When it get's there it becomes a beating.

I love living here in North Texas. The Fall season is AWESOME and I am all for mild winters. But August is NOT a reason to live here. At least we only have to live through ONE hard month.

4 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

One one hard month. Seems like 2 years ago we were having indoor recess all thru September because it stayed over 90 into October.

100 is a beating. Bearable at night when it only gets down to 80. In St. Louis 80 at night is still miserable.

Opened our AC bill last night and it double over the previous month and for 10 of those days our AC was off.

JDHTEACH said...

There is no doubt that AC bills have gone up. We did tip the 300 dollar mark last month that is for sure. But I am hearing stories from some of my teachers with 400-500 ac bills and their house is smaller than mine. Either they need a new unit or they need to quit trying to keep their house at 68 degrees when it is 103 outside.

JDHTEACH said...

Another thing to think about is this....you ac unit is going to be doing good to get your temp 20 degrees below what it is outside. So if it is 100 the coolest you are going to get it consistantly is 80. If you set your AC on 75 all it is going to do is RUN

The MAN Fan Club said...

I looked closer and my company has doubled my kWh per hour rate from 13 cents to 25 cents. Their current offer is to lock in at 14.9 cents. I'm calling because that is bad customer service.