Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wow...It's Like Looking In A Mirror

The family went to church today. It was my first time in probably a month. I know...bad me. But our pastor has been on vacation and I am not crazy about the "substitutes" they bring in. So usually if he is on vacation I am on vacation.

ANYWAY-

In our church we have a HUGE pipe organ. Today we had a guest organist since our regular organist is recovering from surgery. The guy was an UNBELIEVABLE organist. Not only that but he is a member of our church and he just graduated from college in May with his degree in physics and has already started his doctorate degree in Physics.

Are you impressed? Maybe? What if I told you he just turned 16!!! That's right SIXTEEN!!! Let's see by the age of sixteen I was ... oh yeah I just kissed a girl for the first time and I might have been able to SPELL physics...that is a big MAYBE!!

What I really like was he was going to town on this organ. Every song he played today you could feel you chest cavity vibrate. The paper bulletin vibrated in my hands. He was getting into as well. His head was going back and forth...at times he would almost stand to get the peddles and keys that he needed. I thought...THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

At the end of the service we stayed to listen to him play one more song. It happened to be the song that my wife and I marched out of the church to when we got married. Totally cool!

I can't remember the last time I went to church and felt like I entered to let Jesus into my heart and left feeling like I went to a concert!! I almost tried to find a lighter to put in the air and sway back in forth.

ROCK ON!! I mean AMEN!!

4 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

You "might" find a substitute pastor who is unbelievable as well. I know that overall attendance does dip when people know that a pastor is out.

JDHTEACH said...

They are okay and many people love them. I visit with them at functions and church activities. I just don't care for their style. There is one that I don't mind I must say. The other two?? Well, one turns a 15 minute sermon into 30 and by the time she makes a point I forgot what she was talking about. The youth minister? He is like the third string qb that you are praying you never have to use. He is great on the practice squad (working with the youth) and he will be good one day but he needs time.

JDHTEACH said...

Case in point...the "back up" did the prayer today. It took her 8 minutes and 38 seconds to wrap up her prayer? I had no clue what she was talking about because I did not know what she was talking about.

JDHTEACH said...

As far as dip in attendance. Let's just say this. I noticed that at the 11 o'clock service a guy parked right at the door with 10 minutes to spare before the service. On any NORMAL Sunday that guy is parking in the off campus parking lot and riding the bus over.