Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Best Music EVER

MJP and SJP posted on their blog about a certain type of music that is on their IPOD. Be sure and check out their blogg Throwing Peanuts....link to the left.

Anyway, this got me to thinking about all of the music that is on my IPOD and the type of music I have been listening to lately. I listen to pretty much all types of music and I can appreciate the greatness that each type brings to the table. Some greatness I appreciate more often than others but I still give every type a listen every now and then.

I listen to a lot of current music but her lately I have been kicking it OLD SCHOOL! I have been listening to a lot of the following bands here lately....

Hendrix...Pink Floyd...Metallica...Guns N Roses...Scorpions...70's disco ...Motley Crue....Queen...and my favorite band of all time Queensryche.

As you can tell I was in high school during the "metal band" or "hair band" era but I also recognize the greatness of Hendrix and Pink Floyd.

This brings me to the point of this blog. Like I mentioned earlier Queensryche is my favorite band. My favorite album of theirs is EMPIRE. This came out in lat 89 or early 90. I listened to this album so much that between 90 and 94 I wore out two cassette tapes and one CD. I think the CD got scratched some how. I bought another cd in 94 and I have it to this day. This album as far as I am concerned does not have one bad song on it and I know the words and backup parts to EVERY SONG on the album. To me it is the best album made. One particular song Silent Lucidity I turn up EVERY TIME on the radio. My wife just shakes her head. How many times have you heard this song? It does not matter to me. It is a beautiful song. You Tube it and watch the video. It's beautiful.

My question is what is your Empire album or Silent Lucidity song? Please post I would like to know. Maybe you will broaden my musical horizons.

My second question- What album did you buy that looking back you can't believe you bought that junk? Mine was WINGER....I told you I grew up with hair bands.

I will answer this for MJP- MC HAMMER- In fairness to MJP he was in one of those CD clubs at the time and that was their CD of the month. It was mailed to you at full price unless you mailed in the I DON"T WANT THIS card. We were at college at the time and he missed the memo mailed to his home. We still laugh about it because I think he still has it. He tried to unload it many times to CD warehouses who did a "we buy your cd's" for store credit for about 5 years. All through out our college years and a few years after that. NOT ONE STORE WOULD TAKE THE CD. They all had like 10 or 20 copies and were not taking anymore. I think he finally just gave up. He might have thrown it away who knows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i think my band i can't believe i bought their cd was poison. ughh. and now that guy has a reality show...rock of love. has anyone seen it? it's so awful it's not even fun to watch as a bad show.
i think the tapes i wore out the most in highschool were depeche mode, nine inch nails, def leppard, morrissey...oh and definitely madonna!

MJP & SJP said...

Oh, the shame of my MC Hammer is now out on the blogosphere. I hang my head in shame. After reading your comments about QR and Empire I had to dial that up on the ipod today. Great stuff. Before that I was listening to some old Nine Inch Nails and laughing about when we saw them in concert with Marilyn Manson. Good times!
-MJP

MJP & SJP said...

For me, it is the music of my youth and the CD "James Taylor's Greatest Hits". Yes, I'm showing my age! As far as that MC Hammer CD goes, he still had that thing when we got married, tried to sell it for fun money in Vegas, couldn't even do that and I think just finally threw it away! - SJP

The MAN Fan Club said...

Asia in Asia. I still have the cassette that I bootlegged off MTV back in 1982.

I often go to Youtube and play their songs.

I never did heavy metal. I was more U2, Genesis, Journey, REO. I love Peter Gabriel as well.