Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Caroline Are You Okay?...Uh yeah Daddy

Sunday night is "Dance and Sing Night" in my household. What this means is that we play some music over the stereo and the kids take turns dancing to the music. Some times they choose to sing along with the music but for the most part it's dancing. Jack is more of a hip hop dancer while Caroline prefers to mix classical ballet with modern dance.

The kids really enjoy doing this and it is something we kind of stumbled on but they have been asking ..."When is Dance night?" The kids have really been creative. They have started bringing props to enhance their performance.

I knew we were in for something special when Caroline moved Jacks recliner to the middle of the floor. So she starts dancing and throwing down some serious moves. She goes over to the chair and stands in it. My thought was...umm what is she thinking here? Well I soon learned what she was going to do.

She LEAPED from Jacks chair with the intention of landing on our couch. I would have nixed that immediately but I don't think I will have to. The couch took care of that for me. You see She miss judged the distance and landed on the side of the couch. The side of the couch absorbed Caroline and the SHOT HER BACKWARDS right into my foot stool. Caroline then bounced off of the foot stool and back toward the coach. The couch absorbed Caroline a SECOND TIME and spit her out on the floor. ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN 2 SECONDS. She looked like a pin ball bouncing between the bumpers.

She immediately shot up...after shaking her head a bit.. and looked over at me.

Caroline, are you okay ? Um Yeah Daddy

She then shot back up and continued her dancing. I did notice that she no longer used the chair as a prop for the rest of her dance.

You have to give her credit for finishing the song. THE SHOW MUCH GO ON!

3 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

I hope this was another dance night that was caught on tape for posterity! - SJP

The MAN Fan Club said...

You are creating great memories for your kids, and maybe concussions too.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! that is really painful sounding but, sorry, made me laugh really hard.