Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Song Is That?......Oh the PAIN!!!!

I was on my way home today when on the radio came on one of the classic "Rock Ballads" of the late 80's. Love Bites by Deff Leppard. I of course know this song by heart and was singing away when all the sudden in a flash I remembered what was going on in my life at the time. I was a junior in high school and the first girl I actually dated broke up with me......on my birthday! That's right...on my birthday....AND I was at Disney World with the high school band at the time. The end of the world as I knew it was over. I had never experienced those feelings before so I had no way of knowing what to do.

I really don't remember a whole lot of what I did except I remember crying on MJP's shoulder on the bus ride to the airport and I got pissed ...A LOT. I rebounded and in one month was dating a new girl. As I look back on it even though I moved on and started dating another girl I never forgave her for the emotional damage she did to my ego. So what did I do. Looking back on it I was a total ass to her and her friends the next year. To make matters worse she started dating a guy in the high school band that played the same instrument as me....THAT was awkward. I was a total ass to her that whole year. She retaliated of course but looking back on that I could have handled that WAY better. The worst of it was at the end of the year the next year the Seniors wrote notes to their classmates and underclassmen. I of course grilled her! After all did I mention that she broke up with me ON MY BIRTH DAY!! AT DISNEYWORLD!!!! SHE MADE ME CRY DANG IT!!!! okay....I am better now...anyway her note to me was actually....kind.....she apologized for how our friendship soured and hoped that I would remember her fondly.......

Now you talk about feeling like an ASS!!!! Of course my ego would not let me admit to my mistakes and apologize for my assness. After graduation from high school I have not seen this girl. If I ever do run into her at a high school reunion I am going to BEG for forgiveness. For now all I can do is type....I am sorry Sena for how I acted.

These feelings or memories do not come up every time I hear this song but for some reason they popped up today....and I have not even thought about all of this in probably at least 10 years.

What I want to know is this:

What songs are out there that bring back memories for you? Good or bad?

2 comments:

unt grad said...

At Last by Etta James. I met you and married you. I remember that playing on the CD player talking to you on the phone. Hands down the best memory.

Anonymous said...

well, my topper breakup was on new year's eve in new york. i had gone out with my boyfriend to a terrible party and we went back to his place and he was visibly pissed off because i had made him leave. but, honestly, i was like, wouldn't it be more fun just the 2 of us drinking champagne? as the ball is dropping in times square on the t.v..honestly, "10,9,8,7" my beloved looks at me and says "you know, i'm really not happy". i stared at him in disbelief...are you kidding?! so he broke up with me as the ball fell in times square on new year's eve. the worst is that there were no cabs so i slept on the couch crying and did a faux walk of shame in the morning. now we are friends. i have made him promise me not to break up with anyone on new year's as that is my badge of honor and reserved for me.
i still can't watch dick clark on new year's...even if ryan seacrest is taking over.