Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Am Upset

My wife has been having some issues with her thyroid for about 6 months now. She has been taking medications and they have worked to some extent. However, there are some further test that need to be conducted and a biopsy needs to be done. They want to see if the thyroid is possibly cancerous.

Believe it or not THAT is not what I am upset about. We did some research on the Internet and it is possible that the medication we were on does not address what is wrong with Tracey. If it is cancerous it is HIGHLY treatable.

What made me so mad I could not see straight was they chose to tell her this in a LETTER! She got a letter that says "your condition is one that could be cancerous" I cannot believe this doctor would notify one of their patients in this manner. To me it is inexcusable. Dear Mrs. JDHTEACH you could have cancer. Give us a call. WTH!!!!

I am at work in my 14th hour of work for the day getting ready for the start of school and I get a phone call from my wife crying and scared. If I saw that doctor at that moment I would have beat the living hell out of him.

What I want to know is am I the only one that feels this way?

2 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

We were both really sorry to read about this. To find out information like that through a letter is inexcusable. I think if that happened to either of us our trust in the doctor would be shaken and we would be finding another doctor to see going forward
-MJP

rottie4me said...

JDH~ This is horrible...I wish you had called and told me instead of me reading about it this way. I am thinking of you and Tracey. Please keep me updated. ~EC