Saturday, June 28, 2008

Showing Appreciation

Today I was traveling down a road in my city that is heavily monitored by radar by the local police. They need to monitor it because people regularly travel down the 40 mph speed limit at 60 mph. As I came down the hill sure enough there was a police officer radaring the road. I looked at guy sitting in the squad car and I thought dude that has got to be HOT. I looked at my cars temp gage and it said 102. So I went straight to the closest convenience store and I bought a soft drink for the police officer. I then went back to were the cop was located and I pulled up into the parking lot by the cruiser. I got out of the car and I told the police officer how much I appreciated what he did and I new it was extremely hot so I hoped that he would accept this soft drink.

He was shocked. He thanked me like 3 times for the drink and as I pulled out of the parking lot he waved gratefully outside the cruiser.

I felt good for doing this and I know the police officer was grateful. That was the best $1.27 I think I have spent in a long time.

No comments: