Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Am A Scooter Owner

Well I got one! I bought a 150cc Lance Touring Scooter. This thing is not little. It is a pretty nice size. The color I got was Black. I did this because that is the only color they had and the black looked pretty sharp. On the way home I had no problem reaching 45, I took it on the service road and got it up to 55. There was room for more but I did not want to push considering it had one mile on it when I bought it. At 55 it was riding very smoothly. I was not scared at all. It was funny in that I was passing a Dodge Charger until he hit passing gear to get on the highway.

I got it home and got into the neighborhood. I have to go get the licence for the scooter this week. I also have to go get a helmet. I tried on the helmets at the place where I got this scooter but they had a small selection and none of them fit. I thought....DANG is my head that darn big? Then I saw they were all mediums. I have a gift card to a local motorcycle shop. I will go there this week and pick a helmet up. Also need to get a pair of glasses.

I do have to go get my motorcycles license as well. I am not look forward to this. The DMV is such a beating to deal with. However, the law is the law so I will go ahead and do it.

I took my kids for rides in the neigborhood. Never went over 20 so they were good. They spent most of their time giggling and laughing so they really enjoyed it. This brings back fond memories of spending time with my dad riding on the back of his motorcycle. I LOVED IT!

Good times were had by all this afternoon.

No comments: