Sunday, June 22, 2008

At The Movies With JDHTEACH

Hello and welcome to At the Movies with JDHTEACH. I am your host JDHTEACH. Tonight I want to review 3 movies. Yesterday I had a quiet afternoon so I had an opportunity to put in some quality movie time. I watched 3 movies yesterday.

NORBIT- Starring Eddie Murphey- 131 minutes- I mention that because there is about 2 minutes of this movie that was funny. I was looking forward to this because the reviews I was reading online were mentioning that this was one of Eddie Murphey's best movies. My thought was I have seen this type of movie before. It was called Coming to America and it was about 20 years ago. I guess Eddie Murphey will always have a cult following but this act has grown tiresome. Make Eddie Murphey play 3 or 4 people including some old white guy...again SEEN IT and add in fart humor. I think Eddie Murphey needs to retire this type of humor. He has done it and his repeat attempts to strike gold are getting worse and worse...Nutty Professor...Nutty Professor II. MOVE ON!!! I really like Eddie Murphey. I think he is hilarious in many of his co-starring roles. During this movie I actually got up and started cleaning the house while it was playing. I could miss 15 minutes of this movie and not have a problem keeping up. I guess money talks but they should have been able to read the script and know that this movie was crap. Cuba Gooding Junior has a small role. I would be willing to bet that he is not putting this movie on his resume'.- If he is I bet it is listed after his starring role in underwear commercials with Michael Jordon.
Overall Rating 1/2 a star out of 5.

Semi Pro- Starring Will Ferral- I went into this movie thinking ANYTHING was an improvement from Norbut. I found that most of the funny parts were covered in the theatrical trailer. I am a huge Will Ferral fan so I hung in there with this movie. Definitely a rental. I did not think it was as funny as Blades of Glory but this was an okay movie for a lazy Saturday afternoon. I will say that I thought it was hilarious that Will Ferrell wrestled a bear to get attendance. That scene was pretty funny...again, to me it was funny.
Overall Rating 2 and 1/2 stars out of 5

Chalie Wilson's War- Starring Tom Hanks- This of course is the movie based on Congressman's Charlie Wilson role in supporting Afghanistan during the Cold War with Russia. I won't go into the details of the movie but I was so glad I saved this movie for the last of the day. I was GLUED to the TV during this show. I thought it was great. There were a few areas I wished they would have gone into more detail to help explain a few items but I guess in the interest of time they just glossed over it. Phillip Seymore Hoffman was GREAT! His character was funny and very knowledgeable. I found myself wanting this movie to last longer.
Overall Rating- 4 1/2 stars out of 5

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Only saw, or should I say, WANTED to see the last one and it was pretty good. NOt a 4 1/2 out of 5 maybe 3 1/5 out of 5.