Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recognition For Our Success

Monday night our Preliminary TAKS scores were shared with the board. All of the principals were asked to share their results to the school board and share their successes and their plans for intervention. Well I was lucky in that we have some great success stories to share. Our interventions are to just enhance what we are doing. We have some new programs started this year that I think were HUGE in our success so my plan is just to tweak it to involve more people. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON"T FIX IT.....TWEAK IT!!

Anyway, what made it a little bit sweeter is that I got to go after the other intermediate principal. They did not do as well as we did. I think they will get there. She has been in her building for two years and she is still trying to clean out some of the dead weight.

It was nice because I did mention that we will be recognized but I left it at that. When I was done my Superintendent made mention to the board that this was the first time in the schools 8 year history to achieve this rating and the first time for an intermediate campus to achieve this goal in the history of the district. He also mentioned the gains the school has made since my leadership at the building. I got a very nice round of applause from the school board and my colleagues.

I did mention in my report the importance of my counselor and my AP. In my absence this year due to health reasons these ladies were my voice. I told them what we needed to do and these ladies made it happen. I love them both dearly and will miss working with them on a daily basis. My AP is going to be a principal and my counselor is going to be an AP.

It was nice to be recognized on behalf of my leadership abilities and the level of teaching at my campus.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Sweeeeeet. The sign of a good leader is one who can leave his campus and those he's trained and left behind can do very well without him. Not sure you would CHOOSE to leave the campus and see if they could do as well.