Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Movie Review Time

I just watched two movies and I thought I would give my opinion of both.

Mr. 3000- Staring Bernie Mac- I must start off by saying I am a Bernie Mac Fan. So I had high hopes for this movie. While I did laugh in several parts of the movie I did not laugh out loud at anything. Basically you have a guy who has is ego somewhere up in the atmosphere. He gets his 3000 hits and retires....on the spot. Only to find out 9 years later (and still not in the hall of fame) that he is in reality 3 hits short based on a calculation error. He decides to come back and get those three hits. The funny part is watching him try to get into shape and him work with his new team mates.

Overall pretty funny- You don't have to think while watching this movie. I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Eastern Promises- Staring Viggo Mortenson- This movie I remember seeing previews for but I kind of forgot about it. A friend of mine reminded me about it and I put it on my netflix list. This movie is very detailed. The first 30 minutes I found myself trying to figure out what the hell was going on. But once I put all of the people in place I really got into the movie. It is bloody. Very detailed throat cutting....seems to be the choice of killing someone in the Russian mafia. Still very good. I found myself very focused while watching the movie. You have to because there is a lot of Russian being spoken and you have to read the subtitles. Normally I am out on a movie like that because I hate to read while I am watching a movie. I perfectly fine with the Russians speaking English. But I did not mind it so much here for some reason. It really helped the realism of the movie and drew me in more. Very intense movie. Viggo did a great job in this movie.

I give it a 4.25 out of 5

Next up I have a couple of no brainers and some good box office movies.

Norbit
Semi Pro
Charlie Wilson's War
The Kingdom
Lions For Lambs
Walk Hard
The Bucket List
John Adams

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I'll have to watch that one by myself. My wife isn't into blood and guts movies. Looks good.