Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Week That Was

So I was out of town all this week for a training session in Austin with a large group of teachers. I have a TON of thoughts on the week that was.

1. I love my district that I work in but sometimes I am reminded that we are still small. Case in Point- I arrive Monday morning to pick up the vehicles for the trip. Now these vehicles have been reserved for weeks. The vehicles were not ready to go when I showed up. KUDDOS to the maintenance department for stepping up and getting those vehicles ready.

2. We walked into the bank to cash our checks and (again being a small town) the people that work there froze for a moment.

3. I don't think any bank in LE EVER has 13 people in it at once. EVER

4. 5 hours to get there....3 and a half WITH a stop to get home. Think we were ready to be home?

5. I was reminded daily just how lucky I am....thank you Sweety...thank you mom and dad.

6. The van ride was lonely at times. It was just me and the luggage.

7. Training was great...one part of the training go a bit old but they did change it up on the last full day.

8. LOVE ALL THE CHANGES TO THE HOUSE while I was gone. Tracey worked her tail off.

8. Five days is too long to be away from home.

1 comment:

MJP & SJP said...

Coming home is always nice