Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sleeping Issues

One to three

That is the time in the morning that I have been up on a regular basis for about a week now. There is usually a lot of tossing and turning. Then my mind starts going about what all I have going on at work and I might as well get up and get dressed. I have tried battling this with staying up later. You see going to sleep is not the problem. I can conk out at 9:00 with no problem. This method of battle has failed. I tried staying up to TEN or ELEVEN...still I wake up between the dreaded ONE and THREE. SO WHY???

Well I think I have two major reasons. First, would be work. I do have a lot on my plate right now. Oh it is nothing compared to my previous position but still I have a lot riding on this I feel. You see I am working on setting up my FIRST staff development for our elementary campuses in August. Sure I have done staff development for a grade level and a campus...BUT A DISTRICT? Nope...never...I know I can do it and do it well it's just the preasure you put on yourself to get the job done right. I think that is a major part of it.

Next, Well I am getting ready to be in Austin for a week at a conference with a group of other teachers and we are going to be gone for a week. The conference is fine and working with and leading the teachers I don't have an issue with.
It's leaving my family for that long. I will miss Tracey and the kids terribly. I know...WEENIE...but I do. Tracey has activities planned and the kids are going to be spending time with my folks so I know Tracey is going to be getting some much deserved free time but I am going to miss everyone.

Lastly, I am READY for a vacation. I need a break from work. The schools have been shut down for a while now and slowly but surely the administrative department is starting to take their vacations. While that happens I get to step up and cover other events while they are gone in addition to try and get my stuff done. This is fine because in a few weeks the shoe will be on the other foot and they will be covering my responsibilities in my absence. I AM JUST READY TO GET THERE.

COME ON JULY 2NS

1 comment:

Tony Rosenberg said...

Didn't you just have a vacation?