Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It Ain't Easy..Bein' Green

It has been hard being Jack over the past week. I can’t put my finger on it exactly but Jack has really been struggling with talking back to Tracey and I. It is like he HAS TO HAVE the last word. I do not like to parent this way but the only thing that would seem to get Jack to understand that we mean business is the threat of (and sometimes the carrying out of) a whoopin. My normal action taken with Love and Logic was not working.
Now let me explain whoopin…. We are not beating our kids. We never even leave a mark on the boy. It is more of the embarrassment of him getting spanked or if he smart mouths Tracey has been known to get a little dab of liquid soap and stick it in Jack’s mouth. He HATES that.
As I mentioned here lately it has been one “whoopin” after the other for Jack. He declared that it was obvious to him that neither his MOTHER nor I LOVED HIM ANYMORE. We had had it. I told him it was not that we did not love him. It was quite the opposite as a matter fact. The reason we stay on him was because we loved him. I did tell him though that when he acted this way it made him not fun to be around. I told him that I HATED having to parent him this way. It made me feel bad for having to do it and I knew he did not like being parented this way.
So how has it gone? Well Jack has actually been having some really great days. He is helping around the house and helping his mother.
Little Funny- The other day he lost track and he talked back to his mother. Before she could say anything Jack said …. WAIT….LET’S GO BACK AND DO THAT AGAIN….I SHOULD HAVE SAID…….
YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT JACK….GOOD BOY!!

No comments: