Monday, June 15, 2009

Jury Duty in Dallas County

The names are changed to protect the innocent.

So I had jury duty today in down town Dallas. I had to report for duty at 8:30 AM. I had no idea what traffic would be like so I left the house early. Lucky for me I guess there was very little traffic.

My observations:
= The signs in the building telling you were to go are very small.
= The general jury room is a bit run down. Several rows of seats had broken chairs.
Many of the chairs had mystery stains...Now what could that be?
= Funny Line of the Day- The guy sitting next to me made this comment...I am a
minister. If we need this many people for jury's clearly I need to be doing a
better job.
= Don't look all annoyed when you can't find a seat to sit down in. You want a seat.
Get here early. It works in the movie theater...it works here as well.
= Clearly several people did not read the part on their summons about there being a
dress code. Hey I understand the jeans and a t-shirt I guess. The lady wearing a
Galveston t-shirt, capri jeans, and flip flops...WTH
= I am sitting there and the guy to my left falls asleep and is snoring..what the..
he is starting to lean on me....WTH...WTH...WTH...OFF .... OFF....OFF
= The guy to my right. Keeps coughing like THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG coughing. He is
covering his mouth with a rag but I am thinking TB here.
= The lady to right of the guy on my right. WOULD NOT SIT THE HELL DOWN. SHE GOT UP
SHE GOT DOWN...SHE GOT UP...SHE GOT DOWN...SHE GOT UP... SIT THE HELL DOWN WOMAN!!
= Civic Duty Video- It is old....so old that it is GRAINY...you can't read the
writing...time to upgrade.
= Juror number 2934- I am pretty safe..first pannel called 2-84. I AM REAL SAFE
= Second Juror Pannel- 85-675...WHAT THE??? Not so safe now.
= Did not get picked and got to leave at 11:30....THANK YOU

8 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

Did you go to the civil, or criminal court? I've been down the civil court a couple times but lucked out and was never called in. I always got a laugh out of when people would want to fight with the judge about why their reason for getting out was important and should be honored. The judge very rarely saw it the same way.

Anonymous said...

Oh it was the criminal courts. Frank Crowley Court House. There was a guy who was on the waiting list for a stem cell transplant for his sister and he did not get off.

Anonymous said...

Yeah well I am sitting here right now in the Frank Crowley Courts Building and the same thoughts are running through my mind right now. I am so bored, sitting here waiting to be called still I decided to pull out the old iPhone and Google this joint just for the heck of it.
In my opinion Dallas really needs to get with the program!! I mean, can they not make this at least a little more comfortable to go through. I'm seeing a lot of the same stuff that was noted above. Broken seats, stains on chairs, water fountains don't work, nobody can make change for me so that I can use the vending machine. Oh and the speaker system doesn't work either. Well, I did have a bit more to say but they are letting the rest of us go finally. Glad to be leaving, maybe they will have this place up to date the next time I am here! P.S. Wear something comfortable because it was hot in there. I came overdressed in slacks and a nice button down long sleeve shirt. Apparently most of these people do not have enough respect, nor do they care to dress appropriate for matters such as this. So I say where some loose dress (or dress like) pants and a short sleeve polo.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://owymehoba.freecities.com/xukaduha.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here jdhteach.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research presents that almost 70% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.