Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Importance of Cross Training

My wife does a lot around the house. I do my fair share as well but I don't know if it is 50/50. Now that she is off work and I am still working she does more around the house but hey she is home and I am working.

Having said all of this my wife and I have "cross trained" one another so that we can fill in for each other when one of us is gone for a period of time.

When is this painful?
When she wants to show me anything about laundry Whats the difference in delicate and normal wash? (HATE IT)
When I try to teach her anything about a technique used in cooking,{SHE HATES TO COOK}. Well how do I know when it's done? Well LOOK AT IT. If it is still bleeding then its not done. Likes to bake but not cook....still trying to figure that one out.

The reason we cross train is so that when one is gone the home remains stable.

I am in Austin this week for a full week of training. I have brought with me 12 other teachers. 11 of those 12 are females who are married with children.

More than one of the ladies are having issues with the husband running the house.

One husband has I think total give up. The term that more accurately describes the situation is probably " I don't wanna". He has even told his wife....I don't know how to do that so I am not. Wife- SOOOOO that means you are going to let it sit for 5 days unitl I get home to deal with it....HUSBAND- Whatever..I am not doing it.

The other type of husband is the one who has questions. LOTS of questions...So he is calling constantly with how do I do this....How do I do that? and it is pulling the teachers out of training to answer the emergency phone calls.

So I have come to the conclusion that I may not be perfect but I am definately ahead of the curve.

1 comment:

unt grad said...

You are definitely ahead of the game. You've gotten better, yes. When the kids were smaller, you'd sometimes take them to your parents. :) You don't do that anymore though. You are much better than LOTS of husbands. I lucked out big time!