Friday, June 12, 2009

The UP charge

I HATE the upcharge. What is the upcharge? It is when you take your car or whatever for routine maintenance and you get hit with all of the THINGS they want to do or your car DESPERATELY NEEDS or it won't make it another mile.

Two weeks ago I took Tracey's car in to get the oil changed. I knew we were getting close on the tires and I even told them that when I dropped the car off. If they could work me a deal we can talk when I pick the car up. HENCE DON'T CALL ME.

Sure enough...My phone rings...Mr. JDHTEACH did you know your tires.....blah blah

Good Lord..DOES NOONE TALK TO EACH OTHER UP THERE???? Yes Sir was my response....gripping the phone ever so tightly yet being polite on the phone...if you guys can work me a deal we can talk when I pick the car up.

So what was their deal? Oh that would be 4 new tires for $1,235 dollars....that was THEIR DEAL...

Needless to say that was a VERY short conversation.

I looked online for about an hour looking over different places. I got 3 sets of tires with the same tread life guarantee. All three stores offered the same perks.
I went with the store that was offering buy 3 tires get one free.

I had a great conversation over the phone and I made an appointment so that we could get Tracey's car in and out because it was needed for a small car trip this weekend by my sister.

So I have there for the appointment and I decide to leave it because we have other places to go and I am needed for kid duty while Tracey does some other things. They say they will call me when to come pick it up.

Now last month when I bought my tires at another store I had to stay there with it because I had no other option. I got in and out in 45 minutes.

I check my phone and it is alomost NOON when we are leaving our last stop and I still have no phone call. This upsets me because I made an appointment for a reason.

Tracey drops me off and I go into the store.

The service guy asks if he can help me and I say YES, I am here to pick up my car. It's the cadilac up on stilts.

Ummm Yes Sir that car needs to be alligned pretty badly did you get our phone call?

No- I have been out running errands.

Well we called your home.

Obviously if I am out running errands I am not going to get that message. That is why I asked you to call my cell. YOU even asked me to clarify what number to call and I gave YOU my cell and asked YOU to repeat MY CELL number back to me. Which YOU did. (Freaking MORON) was my thought.

Well we called your home....

GOT IT...

Listen, (As I am remaining very calm and NOT SARCASTIC AT ALL) The reason I made an appointment was so I could get in and out. I need this vehicle for a car trip this afternoon. I bought tires from another store last month and was in and out in 45 minutes. Because I knew if I left it you would put it on the backburner I MADE AN APPOINTMENT. Why would I make an appointment for you to keep my car for 3 hours to put 4 tires on it.

Now I am paying you over 600 dollars for these tires. I would THINK that if I am giving you 600 dollars I would have the allignment done for free.

Well sir we do the allignment check for free.

Sorry not good enough....I need the car and I will have it checked out by my mechanic.

The last time I was told YOU GOTTA DO THIS...it turns out my mechanic said WHATEVER DUDE THIS CAR IS FINE.

I just hate the UP CHARGE...... They make you feel like you were LUCKY to make it in.

I LOVE MY SERVICE DEPARTMENT WHERE I BOUGHT THE CAMRY. YOU DROP IT OFF FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE AND ANY LITTLE ADDITIONAL STUFF THEY JUST DO IT....NO CHARGE...ANYTHING SUBSTANCIAL THEY CALL ME AND USUALLY FIND A WAY TO SNEAK IT IN AT NO CHARGE OR MINIMAL CHARGE AT ALL.... THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE

1 comment:

Leon said...

Did you copy/paste that from one of my past blogs?