Monday, May 5, 2008

Suckered In Through Advertising

This weekend my wife and I were traveling through East Texas. If you ever do this you will notice the signs for Tyler Roses $2.00. Having gone to college in East Texas I saw these signs 13 years ago. Next to the sign you see these beautiful rose bushes that are all different colors. Well yesterday when I stopped for gas I noticed a "Tyler Roses" set up at the gas station. My wife has been wanting to get some rose bushes going so I suggested we go over there and pick out some stuff. She was all for it. I thought...heck at 2 bucks a plant I will take one of everything! Rose bushes at Home Depot are like 12 bucks for one.

Well I got there and I see that the 2 bucks are the rose bushes that are literally STICKS! You will see a rose in a year or two. The good news is the bushes were 6 bucks a piece. Still a bargain but the 2 buck sign is what sucked me in.

No comments: