Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY

Wow we had a great day on Monday. Everyone slept in or stayed quiet until around 8:00 AM. We had breakfast as a family and everyone helped clean up. I got an opportunity to visit with my sister for a while and then I met Tracey and the kids over at Kirsten's house for swimming. The kids swam for about 2 and half hours then came in for a snack and we watched Veggie Tales. The kids passed out in the car on the way home and slept for about two hours. We went over to my parents for a hot dog cookout and home made ice cream.

WHAT A GREAT DAY!! I hope everyone enjoyed times with their families as we observe those who are serving our country or have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom's we enjoy.

Thank you to

My Grandfather Fincannon for his service in WWII. I miss you Grandpa.
My Great Grandfather for his service in WWI and WWII.
My Uncle Wayne for his service in Vietnam
Tracey's Uncle George for his service in Korea- Rest In Peace Uncle George.
Tracey's Uncle Jim for his service in Vietnam

I have much respect for the sacrifices these family members made for their country.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

My dad was a mail delivery guy in Korea. I may have 1/2 brothers and sisters over there.....maybe.