Friday, May 16, 2008

Is it time for a SMACK DOWN?

I have blogged lately about my son's teacher and the way she deals with discipline. I have explained why for the most part I have grinned and looked the other way. The problem is Tracey works in the same building as this woman so I have to figure out how to do this.

I have sent a couple of emails from time to time. I am very nice and try to give the teacher HINTS on how to work with Jack. The problem is she AINT LISTEN' She just goes about doing whatever she wants to do discipline wise.

Her discipline style is what I call the umbrella plan. Just open up a broad umbrella and whoever fits under the umbrella gets in trouble. This was a common plan used by many teachers when I was in grade school. This teacher has done this before. She does not properly monitor the kids in my opinion and since I am in the field of education my opinion matters. Then when a kid does something that she does not see she hammer's who she THINKS did it or was in the direction that she heard something.

I think I am going to set up a conference with her. Last time I did that I found out she got all scared and made arrangements for other teachers to be there and the principal. I am very nice but I think she has me pegged because I am a principal of a school. She can't understand that I am not talking to her as her principal I am talking to her as a parent.


I have to be honest with you though. I don't know how long this woman would last working for me. People who don't take my advise on how to improve usually don't last for me.

No comments: