Friday, May 16, 2008

Jack and His Friends

Jack has many friends both at home and at school. He LOVES to play with his friends. Here lately Tracey and I have noticed a change in Jack's behavior. He has a very short temper and he just breaks apart if he is not in control of his little world both at school and at home. His behavior chart has been GREEN and YELLOW for over a week. That means he got 1 or 2 strikes a day. He has also been losing his choices based on how he has been reacting to Tracey and myself.

Yesterday was the crowning blow. He was complaining about his tummy hurting. We know that this is where Jack carries his stress. So I went up to school to have lunch with him. He was happy while I was there but as soon as it was time for me to leave he started complaining about his tummy and begging to go with me. When I told him no he just hung his head and cried.

Hold on it gets better.

Last night he started in on Tracey and I during dinner and he started complaining about the tummy again. He got up and announced he had to go to the bathroom. He made it to the entrance of the hallway and then it came....he threw up.

Now when I say threw up I mean PROJECTILE VOMIT. It went 3 feet down the hallway. Then he turned and did the same thing into the den. I just thought...HOLY CRAP!!!! Then rushed over to help Jack.

When we got everything cleaned up Tracey spent about 45 minutes just sitting and talking with Jack in his room. Come to find out a lot of his stress is from a boy who told Jack he did not want to be his friend anymore and Jack does not know why. When Jack tries to talk to the boy about it the boy runs away. The counselor at school is going to be meeting with both boys to see what is going on.

Kudos to Tracey for helping clean up the throw up. Throw up is not her thing. Usually I handle the throw up and Tracey handles poopy. This was a HUGE clean up job.

No comments: