Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Special Bond

Growing up we had a dog named Dolly. She was the family pet but I had a special bond with this dog. She slept in my bed from 2nd grade all the way until her passing when I was in college. Growing up she knew when it was time for me to come home from school by instinct. My mom would open the front door and Dolly would sit on the porch and look down the street for the first sign of me. She would sit there and whimper until my Mom would say…GO GET BROTHER! Then off she would run to greet me and she would walk home the rest of the way with me and my friends. Dolly was a GREAT DOG! Many of you probably have grown up with a special pet. I always felt sorry for my friends who did not have any pets. I think you miss out on something special.
One of the MAJOR reasons we got Maggie was for the kids. We were looking for a dog that would be a bit larger than Max and Lilly and would play with the kids.
Jack and Caroline LOVE Maggie! Caroline however seems to be building a special relationship with Maggie. She will go outside with Maggie and play with her for quite some time. She will throw toys for Maggie to play with along with just sitting there and petting Maggie. The night before last Caroline went outside with Maggie. You could hear Caroline singing to herself. I looked outside and there was Caroline singing and dancing. Maggie just sat there and watched Caroline. She never moved. She just sat there and watched her. It was cute to watch. When Caroline came in the house Maggie was right beside her.
Those two are quickly becoming best friends!

Did you grow up with a special pet?

1 comment:

Leon said...

a pet crappie named TailFin