Sunday, May 17, 2009

The "passing" of another XBOX 360

If you have read my profile you would have seen that I am still a fan of video games. There was a time where that was my source of stress relief. Can't go all Rambo at work so when I got home I would blow up some crap in a game. Good times!

For no reason that I can explain really that has changed over the last year. Other than a few select games there has not been anything out there that has excited me. Those that have are first person shooter games and those games come with blood, and usually some language. I have played those games in the past around my son but when he started talking about shooting people and drawing guns I quit doing it.

Well there is a game coming out that I am actually excited about (boxing) and I turned on the ol 360 yesterday morning to tinker around a bit. While Jack plays on the 360 this was my first time in probably 3 months at least to even turn the thing on. As the machine was turing on I heard the ever familiar "whirl" sound followed by clicking. I instantly knew what this meant. This xbox 360 was about to die. You see I have had FOUR xbox 360's die on me. Every one of them I have gotten replaced through a warranty I had at the store I bought them. This system is out of warranty. This being the 5th system about to die on me I had had it.

Over the past year I had been turning in games for store credit. So I decided to bag everything up and turn the system in. I love the xbox system but I am tired of it breaking down on me. So I bagged it all up and with everything turned in I got

A used Playstation 3 AND two games. When I got home Tracey was like .... THATS ALL YOU GOT?? But with the blue ray player in the system the cost is 100 dollars more. That did not impress her at all. Oh well.

I still have $2.81 on my card.

I still have one broken xbox 360 in my closet. I am thinking of sending it off to get fixed and then selling it at work.

5 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

Man, another one bit the dust? That's just crazy. You should definitely send the other one in. When mine died I think it took about 3 weeks to get it back from the time I placed the first call until the time the replacement came.

unt grad said...

Yeah, I was not impressed. But then again, the whole idea was sold to me (by Jack) that he would get the Lego's something and we could play it together. No such luck. No Lego game, no second controller, no directions in the stupid box on how to set it up, and time taken away from my afternoon because apparently I'm the only one that can hook these things up. So yeah, not impressed.

JDHTEACH said...

Soooo...what are you saying UNT? I am getting the gist that you are not impressed.

unt grad said...

Spot on Chap. But then again, I knew I'd have to leave hints for it to be understood. :)

Anonymous said...

Soooooo by hints you mean......?