Monday, May 11, 2009

At Peace!

The past 8 weeks have been a little trying financially for Tracey and I. I know ....who has it NOT been taxing on? I am not going to go into great detail because it does not matter for this post. Besides like I mentioned is there anyone who reads this that has not felt the pinch?

Due to my illnesses of the late fall and early spring Tracey and I were hit with some big medical bills. Add to that this month and last month I am clearing about 2/3 of my salary to make up all of the days I missed from work. So the combo of added bills with less money gets a little taxing.

Again I know many people who have it MUCH worse than us so I am not trying to get sympathy.

The good news is we have a plan and at the end of July we will have all medical bills paid off so that is awesome!! At the end of THIS MONTH I will have repaid my debt to the district and I will be back on full salary. Add to that we refinanced our house and our house payment went down 200 dollars and we won't have a payment at all in JUNE. The light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel.

NOW THE REASON FOR THE POST

A cool thing happened to me tonight. I was straightening one of the rooms in the house and I had the stereo playing a CD that I have not listened to in a while and a song came on that I had not heard in a long time.

The song really related to me and the situation. The song hit so close to home that I found myself not straightening at all. I was just standing there listening to the song. I then hit replay and I turned off the lights to the room and sat down and leaned my head back, closed my eyes, and listened to the music.

When the song was over I felt as if I was cleansed in some way. Another way of putting it might be a burden was being lifted. I don't know how to say it or put it in a way that does not sound corny!

How about At Peace?

3 comments:

Tony Rosenberg said...

Not corny at all, Puff ... happens to me a LOT.

KC said...

The best way I have found to describe that sort of thing is: grace. It is amazing when it happens. So glad that things are moving forward and looking up!

Leon said...

Enter Sandman?