Saturday, February 14, 2009

The best of JDHTeach and a few well I can explain.

I want to start this off by acknowledging I think I have the best care and would not be here today if it were not for the people I am about to talk about. HOWEVER, with my third stay here at the big house and everyone on this floor knowing me I feel I have a bit of clout to speak up. I also want to speak up for those that are on TOP of their game and go over and beyond.

*Angela- This person serves as my doctors right hand gall at the clinic. As I was driving home early Tuesday due to intense back pain it got to the point that I did not know if I could make it. I learned that they wanted me to come straight over. When it became apparent. That I was going to have to admitted to the hospital and that by this time was in no condition to drive at all Angela drove my car and took me over to the hospital. Trying to be funny I asked her if she taxied all of her patients for extra money. She said well actually we need to keep this pretty quiet because I am pretty sure there are some rules I am breaking but Tracey is at least 2 hours away and for her to fight this traffic and the worry about the kids....this is easiest. If I get in trouble I can just ask for forgiveness.

*It was nice seeing nurses who literally brought me near death back to where I am. Some are still here and worked on me for a 2nd or 3rd time. Some of the nurses are no longer working on my floor but when they heard through the grapevine that I was here they came up on their breaks to visit. What was AMAZING was how many of them would start the conversation of with HELLO---So tell me--how are Jack and Caroline...Has that girl won any beauty pageants yet? or How big is the son of yours by now.

*Nursing- It seems you are really awesome at it or you suck. No in between.
*Hospital Food- Look I know it's looks good and it smells okay I guess but I probably am either not going to eat it or I might peck off just enough for the hunger pains. GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT EATING...do I look like I am going to waste away anytime soon? You park an ON THE BOARDER or a CHILI's TO GO in the house then we will talk.
*Nurse Call Button- Okay when these boxes on wheels go off the loud pitch beeping is annoying as hell. There is a silencer on it but it only last for 2 minutes then the beep starts up.

When I beep in and I get the response- I will send your nurse right it.

Now I have to ask you people what does this lead you to believe? That in the next few minutes the nurse will be coming to fix the machine right?

This scenario took place one morning and I was stuck with my beeping machine. It had been 35 minutes and I had not seen one nurse. THAT IS A LOT OF BEEPING. I finally unplugged the thing and walked to the main desk. I asked the girl at the front desk where the nurses were. She answered that they were in a staff meeting.
Oh, was my response.
I walked over from the main desk and found a place to sit on a bench. So there I was in the main entrance ....JUST ME AND MY BEEPING MACHINE. The next thing I know after about 1 minute of them having to listen to that machine a nurse magic appeared and she got my machine to stop beeping by punching a 5 letter code.

*Nurse call button #2- My maching is beeping again. "Air in line" those machines are picky like that. So hit the ol' Nurse call button and I get.." I will send your nurse right in" Again I realize the nurses are not the ones to blame here. They are working like crazy to meet the needs of their sick. But hear again don't make me have to push this button 4 times. Well, they did. This time I went to the front desk with my beeping maching and I unhooked myself from it. I told them my name and room number and when they got the machine to be quiet they could roll it back down to my room. And I left them with the beeping machine. I mean come on people when are you going to learn?

I am ready to go home. I miss the kids and Tracey horribly. And I could use some good texmex.

3 comments:

Leon said...

Every time you go to their station leave your gown open. I bet they'll want to see you in bed instead. Hope you're doing better!!

MJP & SJP said...

Maybe you could have solved the machine and food problem all at once. You could have unhooked from the machine, told them you were going to McDonalds for lunch, and would pick up the machine on your way back in.

Unknown said...

WHAT?? Ur back in? Call me or shoot me a text telling me what's up