Friday, October 3, 2008

It's All In the Wrist!

Well tonight I had to do one of MY "OFFICIAL" DUTIES as Dad. Pull a tooth. It really is not hard to do. I don't attempt to do it until the tooth is really ready. I follow the rules that my dad did when pulling mine and my sisters tooth when we were kids.

Get a paper cloth.
Grab tooth at base of gum.
Squeeze- I don't squeeze nearly as hard as my dad did but I do pinch a little.
Pull on tooth in small jerking motion.

My dad used to squeeze so darn hard you did not care about anything than just get him to let go of your gum. It was so uncomfortable that you did not notice he pulled your tooth.

When T-Lady was growing up she got scared by her dad watching him try to pull a tooth of her older sister KC. Basically he grabbed the tooth and then before he tried to pull the tooth as "legend" goes he hit her in the stomach thinking that would get her mind off of the tooth.

The result? KC is laying in the floor gasping for air AND still has a loose tooth.

I thought there was some exaggerated going on until her dad fessed up to the technique.

Some ways are better than others.

How did your parents pull teeth?

No comments: